Monday, June 05, 2006

Blogger Updates

It has been a while since the update. By no means does this mean that nothing is happening around here. I just haven't been sure on what I was going to do with the blogger with no pictures. I like the look better, I think it catches the eye of more people, and I don't think many newspapers are running in this day and age without pictures. Pictures will be returning to the blog again soon after our digital camera took a short vacation in Mel's car. Margo and Mel went to Cypremort Point for the end of the school year party for the teachers at the yacht club out at the point. The camera didn't return. After searching everywhere, even in Mel's car, nothing came up. Mr. Cavalier, the principal even went back to the point to check to see if it was there, it wasn't. Poor Margo finally had to break the news to me that the camera was gone. Six days of worry and time spent in the doghouse, Margo received the good news that the camera was indeed in Mel's car!

Now a little catching up. Most of the first full week of summer was uneventful. Started with the "Splash Bash" at the New Iberia City Park Pool. This was a thank you event presented by SNAP, Safety Net for Abused Persons. We got to swim, play on fun jumps, face painting and other stuff. I was a celebrity diver, jumping into the pool with John Michael and Thomas. The rest of the week the kids were either in summer programs or at work. We cooked outside just about every day. We have been swimming, and playing outside most of the time even though it has been very hot. Hurricane season has arrived and so far everything is quiet. Margo and I went to play with my co-anchors in Crowley Friday for Tracy's birthday. Saturday was an open house at the gallery, Margo's work looks great under the lights. She has a great location in the gallery allowing good traffic to move by. Many people stopped to admire the collage technique, the brilliant colors, and the whimsical themes of the artwork. The new items should be online this week, so don't forget to check it out. Sunday was quiet, swimming , BBQ, running for ice cream in the evening. John Michael has two more t-ball games, then we'll get into swimming lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home