Made it to Tuesday
We got through Monday relatively unscathed....Got all the homework done, ate a nice, simple supper. Kids bathed (in the tub this time). We got to talk to Ben for a while. We have a camera hooked up to our computer and he has one on his in North Carolina. For the first time we did video chat on AOL. We had a few tech probs during the session but we were able to see him and hear him. For some reason our audio only worked without video. I will play around with it more today when the other kids aren't holding their mother hostage and eating the furniture.
Hoping to see some sunshine today...I really want the windows open again, it was closed up over the weekend because of the rain.
I read an article on the Chicago Sun Times website yesterday and was a bit confused. It seems they have an error in travel section. Read the insert about St. Louis. Article Here
I grew up near St. Louis. I hear the Mardi Gras celebration continues to grow there. My mom mentioned that reports were saying the St. Louis Mardi Gras is now going to be the largest in the nation because of the New Orleans devastation. Mardi Gras Inc. of St. Louis says they have grown to be the second largest celebration in the nation. with 400,000 people in 2005.
I believe Mardi Gras Inc. has never heard of Lafayette, Louisiana. Lafayette is known to have the second largest Mardi Gras Celebration in the state of Louisiana behind New Orleans. Lafayette is known for its family oriented Mardi Gras without all of the obnoxious and lewd behavior that New Orleans offers. Over the past 10 years Lafayette has averaged 1 million people along the route where three parades pass Fat Tuesday. This figure would put Lafayette as number 2 in the nation well ahead of St. Louis. 400,000 is an impressive number, especially in a state where Mardi Gras is NOT a legal holiday like it is here in Louisiana.
If you would like more info about Lafayette Mardi gras go to www.lafayettetravel.com





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home