Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wow What a Wednesday



Another fantastic day in Louisiana. Sunny and warm, just an incredible January Day! My camera phone caught the back yard in the afternoon. My talk with "Acadiana Ladies" organization at the Petroleum Club was terrific. I went in and told them right off the bat that I had no script for my presentation. I usually don't take a script because I work with Tom Voinche on air, and he won't let you hold to a script whatsoever.

We talked about what awesome weather we were having yesterday, talked a lot about Hurricanes Katrina, and Rita. I got a chance to bash the industry I work for a little bit, since most people outside of our area don't get to see or what what is really happening with the recovery effort. I encouraged the ladies to take a trip over to New Orleans if they haven't been yet. Not to the quarter, but the other parts of New Orleans that they may have never visited before. That way they can see, smell, and feel what has happened. Pictures and crazy reporters won't give you the story that you can experience for yourself.

One lady in the front row had tears. I met her after and found out she had relocated to Lafayette from New Orleans. She had lost everything. She was starting her first year as a retired school teacher and her husband is a pharmacist. They had to relocate not only because of the home, but because there was no work for her husband. They have put their roots down here and other than fighting the insurance game, they are recovering. She told me to say what I said over and over again, and encourage everyone to go see it for themselves. She wants everyone to see, especially people from other parts of the country who can't even fathom what has happened!

Later that afternoon I decided to enjoy the sun for a while again, Margo, and the boys came home. Margo's friend Mel stopped by again...a few margaritas, the nice weather...a chicken that was supposed to be grilled was still frozen, so we ended up at the Pizza Place...Again.

We had a late night..well late for me 9:30. I am running a bit slow this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home