Camping Trip

John Michael, Thomas and I went for a weekend camping trip to Lake Valentine in Central Louisiana. It is located in the middle of Kisatchie National Forest. A nice semi-primitive campground surrounded by tall pines and rolling hills and the lake is small with a couple of little fishing docks. The weather was fantastic, a little cool at night, but beautiful during the day. We hiked around the lake only to find that we couldn't make it all the way around because of a large stream so we had to turn back. Thomas and JM were good sports though since turning back three quarters of the way around increased our total distance quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if we walked four miles that afternoon. I thought would want a nap that afternoon, but they were as wild as ever. Must be all that fresh air. We ate good, you know, burgers, hot dogs, bacon eggs, cereal, smores, cookies, chips. We took way too much food! We did some fishing, but no luck. I think they enjoyed their first camping trip. Here is a sample of pics.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home