Soccer on the Hottest Day Ever!

I don't really think is was the hottest day ever, but it sure felt that way. In fact Thomas' game was the early game and the heat index was already 99 and by the time JM's game started at noon, the Heat Index was 105. We had lots of water and fortunately the games for the little kids don't last too long. I don't have any pics of Thomas' game because I had forgotten the camera, but it was okay since one of the coaches couldn't come, so I volunteered for the sidelines to keep everyone in line. We only have 6 players on the team, one didn't show up, and two wanted to cry...sooo we only had three players for the most part and they were hot and tired when it was done. I had to carry the other two (including Thomas) onto the field and run to the side as fast as I could to get them in the game and give the other three kids a break. Thomas scored another goal...for the other team! John Michael's game was exciting, but the other team was really good. I don't know what the final score was, but I'm sure they beat us by at least 5 goals. Everyone hustled good despite the heat. JM almost got a goal off of a corner kick, but it was deflected off the foot of another player and went off to the right by a couple of inches. We get a break from games this upcoming weekend as the Sugar Cane Festival will be going on. Notice on the links side of the page that there is now a link to JM's soccer team the "Raptors". The coaches are getting this together and action shots should be up there later. I am sending them a batch of actions shots today. Some are below.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home