Thursday, October 05, 2006

Artwork, Stormy Soccer, & Barry The Bird


I know I'm having a tough time keeping up with the blog lately. Work, kids, and the artshow for Margo later this month are keeping everyone on their toes lately. We didn't have any soccer this past weekend because of a massive storm that fired up right before the games. We even got a little hail and trash cans were flying in the wind. Late that afternoon I caught Thomas creating a chalk mural on the side of Margo's workshop. John Michael was the "Busy Bee of the Week" and got to bring Barry the class parakeet home for the weekend. Barry can talk a little bit, saying his name, and a couple of other phrases. It was fun for us, but I'm sure Barry was ready to return to the classroom since he was constantly bothered by the "ThomasMonster". October 18th is the date for the reception and opening of Margo's Art Show "Symbolic Frolic" at the Iberia Parish Library. We had 1000 postcard invitations made, and so far we have stamped and labled about 750 of them. I did the designs for the postcards, and a printer in Canada gave us a good deal and was able to make the 3 week turnaround deadline. Some of you will receive one in the mail in the next few days, I hope you like it. We are getting ready for a busy weekend, a home game for CHS with Lafayette rival Teurlings Catholic, we have soccer games early Saturday morning, then we are going to Robert's Cove, Louisiana for the GermanFest. Sunday we may have to lay low.

Hosted by SuprFile.com Hosted by SuprFile.com Hosted by SuprFile.com Hosted by SuprFile.com

Hosted by SuprFile.com Hosted by SuprFile.com Hosted by SuprFile.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home