It Has Been a Busy 12 Days!

I know, I know, 12 days and no post. I'll try to catch up on everything that has been going on around here. We have had a lot of events, things, and changes around the house over the last two weeks. Let's start with the best news of all. BEN IS BACK! Yes after 2 and a half months in North Carolina, he has retuned to New Iberia. Things just didn't work out as planned out east, but we tried. Ben is now at Iberia Middle School and he is going to do fine! He has grown, his hair is longer, and everyone has been excited to see him. We are thrilled to have the whole family back together.
What else....well we had the St. Edward Spaghetti supper and auction on Saturday the 18th. Margo fetched $600 for the school with her original painting that will be on the cover of the 2005-06 yearbook. She also earned over $200 for one of her gumbo prints! The show that the kids put on was great, the show that the teachers put on was even better.
I saw that many up north got some snow on Tuesday, the 21st, the first full day of spring. The Carthage Square was beautiful. They have a nice webcam at www.carthage-il.com under the weather section that has a shot of the courthouse.
Friday, we got to eat some BOILED CRAWFISH! The prices have finally come down, so I was able to score up a sack of crawfish and we ate every last one! John Michael and Thomas had a good time playing with the food before they ate it. Crawfish races, crawfish fights, pinchin' tails and suckin' heads are the best way to enjoy a Friday night during lent!
Margo and I got to go see Fiddler on the Roof Saturday at the Essanee Theater put on by Iberia Performing Arts League. It's hard to believe so much talent existis in such a small community. Not a single ticket was available at the door, each of the 10 performances were sold out before the show! IPAL had never sold out a performance before.





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home