Sunday, January 29, 2006

Fast Mass..Donuts..Mr. Paul

John Michael and Thomas once again up before the crack of 6. I heard Simon early this morning. He was at a friends house for the night, but is feeling sick today so was in fairly early...About the same time JM & Thomas awoke. What on earth should a brave father do with two wide awake little children on a Sunday morning....yeah...Fast Mass.

Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church has a 7am mass. John Michael and I have gone to this mass together many times and he likes to call it "Fast Mass". The early mass doesn't have any music, and because it is so early it isn't heavily attended, so 45 minutes max and it's over. Kind of like Father Shea when I was a kid at 11:15 mass and there was a Cardinals game at 12. Like I said, FAST Mass. I don't mind taking JM, he behaves well for the most part in Church. Thomas is hit or miss. He is either a perfect angel, or his head will spin all the way around while he is shouting in ancient languages. If you know what I mean. Well I took a chance and brought the both of them...Alone. We let mommy sleep again. She will go later with Simon. Turns out both of them were pretty good. Thomas moved away from JM & I about half way through to go sit with Miss Jean, John Michael's PreK teacher from last year. That was a nice help. After mass we went to Meche's and got some donuts.

At Meche's, Thomas ran in to greet "Mr. Paul". Running in and saying, "Hi Mr. Paul..Nice to see you!" Mr. Paul Schwing is an icon here in New Iberia. He is locally known as the Mayor of Main Street. He is seen everywhere. But 8am at the donut shop is his usual. If you go back to the Pierre C. Shadeaux post, Mr. Paul is there in the background in the top picture. The smile that was on Mr. Paul's face when Thomas ran in and remembered his name right off was priceless.

We brought donuts home, got sugar everywhere to upset Margo. Now we are hanging around watching a movie. Sun is coming out and it looks like it's going to be a nice day, in the 70s. Margo will be without us most of the day, she will be at school getting all the Catholic Schools Week stuff together. I hope to have some new pics from New Orleans when I visit Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home